Photo Contest & Exhibition
A digital photo exhibition about marine biodiversity will be held during the Enrichment in the Fall program, October 20-23, 2018. The photo exhibition will be a result of a contest that will be generated through two phases of photo selection:
- Phase One: a committee will preselect photos to be exhibited and choose the first and second winners.
- Phase Two: a people’s vote on Instagram will choose the 3rd prize winner.
The winners will be announced on Tuesday, 23 October in Building 20 - Auditorium.
- 1st prize: Go Pro HERO
- 2nd prize: Sony Waterproof Walkman
- 3rd prize: Book
How to Enter this Contest?
Saudi Arabia is an arid region surrounded by a colorful secret: The Red Sea’s marine biodiversity. Its sandy deserted landscapes contrast with the richness, brightly colored variety of the plants and animals who inhabit the Red Sea. Submit via our Google Form a photo that represents an eye-catching moment of the marine life at the Red Sea. Photos can be underwater or above water seascape.
The photo submission will start on Wednesday, August 15 and will end on Sunday, September 30, 11:59 PM.
The pre-selected photographs will be posted on the Enrichment Instagram account on Sunday, October 14, 2018. Visit and follow the Enrichment Instagram account to find out if your photo has been chosen!
*This contest is open to the KAUST community only.
- A maximum of two photos can be submitted by participant.
- All entries must be high resolution digital files in JPEG format submitted electronically to the contest form, the photo must be 3840 x 2160 pixels with a preferable corresponding aspect ratio as landscape orientation. (Please scale your image to match these dimensions in order to avoid visualization issues when exhibiting them on the screen).
- Please limit your images to a maximum file size of 5,000KB (5MB).
- Do not watermark your photo. The judging is anonymous and images containing a photographer's watermark will be excluded. Credits will be added later-on before the exhibition.
- All photos must be the work of the photographer entering the contest.
- Participants must have a KAUST ID and above 16 years of age.
- Photos should showcase marine life (animal/plants).
- Digital editing of photographs is acceptable in moderation. Only minor adjustments will be accepted; ex. minor brightness, contrast, or cropping. Any heavily filtered or manipulated photograph will be rejected at judges discretion.
- All photos must be adhered to general KAUST code of conduct.
- By submitting a photo to this contest, you grant your permission to use your photo for marketing purposes and the Enrichment office will retain the right to publish the contest entries in any format to congratulate or feature the winners and their respective images. Knowing strictly that photographers retain all copyrights to their images and the photos will be credited.
- The judges' decision on all matters is final; no correspondence will be entered into consideration.
Instagram 3rd Prize Contest
The pre-selected photos by the committee will be shared on the Enrichment Instagram account and promoted as well on the KAUST's channels. The two photos with more likes will win a book.