Key Visual Design Contest
The Key Visual Design Contest offers current students and recent graduates in Graphic Design at In-Kingdom universities a unique opportunity to contribute to one of KAUST's signature programs, the Winter Enrichment Program (WEP). The students will compete to produce the best creative branding design for the theme of WEP 2023, EDGE – Transform the world you know.
The winning design will be used as the key visual design for WEP 2023. It will be utilized in all WEP 2023 printed and digital marketing materials. The winner will be able to include this into his/her portfolio, receive a prize of 5,000 SAR, attend WEP 2023 at KAUST, and will be awarded their winner's certificate during WEP.
WEP is a signature program for KAUST that brings together the world's greatest thinkers and leaders at the intersection of academia, research, culture, and innovation. The program's mission is to inspire and inform the University's students, in-Kingdom guests, and other participants with lively and engaging events, projects, and talks, enabling our students to think beyond the borders of their traditional disciplines. Since 2010, 1560 eminent international guest speakers, Nobel laureates, entrepreneurs, academics, distinguished local and regional leaders, and decision-makers have addressed the audience.
The theme for WEP 2023 is EDGE: Transform the World You Know.
ABOUT THE THEME "EDGE"
WEP 2023 will look at knowledge transformation through the lens of EDGE – the cusp of discovery, where the bold take risks to push frontiers to expand understanding to change the world through research. EDGE will seek out the risk-takers across a broad spectrum, not just inter-disciplinary science-pioneers, but the boundary-breakers in business, the arts, and humanities; policymakers that enable; the communicators that explain the unexplainable.
"Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- An enrolled Graphic Design student at an In-Kingdom university
- A recent graduate in Graphic Design from an In-Kingdom university
WHAT ARE THE JUDGES LOOKING FOR?
- Simplicity, creativity, impactful, and uniqueness
- Alignment to the concept of the theme EDGE and detailed brief
- Aesthetic, artistic sense
- Inclusion of main design requirements
- Considering the main principles of design
- 5,000 SAR cash for the winner
- Invitation to attend WEP 2023 for the winner
- Invitation to meet the KAUST Science Illustration Team for the top five entries
DESIGN AND SUBMISSION
Read the Key Visual Design Contest booklet to understand the requirements and what needs to be included in your creative design:
Design & Submission
Selection & Judging
- Read the Key Visual Design Contest brochure to understand the requirements
- Download Design Materials
- Prepare the concept brief of your design
- Use this mockup to add your design
- Submit your design here
Catch Up on Anything You Missed
Click here to watch the recorded video of the Key Visual Design Contest Webinar.
We cannot wait to see your creativity!
We are here to help!
contact us: email@example.com