WEP 2022 Poster Design Contest
Thanks to those who submitted a poster for the WEP 2022 Poster Contest!
It was the 2nd edition we organized this contest, and thanks to your enthusiasm, we can proudly say that it has been an enormous success.
The judging committee will start now to review the entries. We will announce the name of the winner in mid-August.
This key visual poster will be used by KAUST and the Enrichment Office in all its printed and digital communications and marketing collaterals. The winner will be able to include this into his/her portfolio, will receive a 27‑inch Apple iMac, and will be awarded a winning certificate, to be handed during WEP.
**Key visual (KV) refers to graphic elements used repeatedly in marketing communication as a part of a current marketing campaign or consistently in all materials of a brand.
This contest is organized by The Office of Enrichment Programs in collaboration with Strategic National Advancement. For any questions do not hesitate to contact the Enrichment Office at email@example.com
TO TAKE PART IN THIS CONTEST
Create an original A1 poster design inspired by WEP 2022’s theme Resilience. The poster must incorporate all the following content in English:
- WEP logo-Download the logo
- KAUST's logo–Download the logo
- JANUARY 9-20
- Social media icons for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTub
Entries must be supplied in the following format:
- 5mm bleed
- Crop marks to be included
WEP is a two-week program unlike any other. Designed and produced by KAUST, WEP encourages students, the KAUST community, and guests to step out of their daily routine and into a curated program of expansive thinking. Our theme changes annually and is chosen collaboratively, discover the posters from past years.
Resilience is the ability to withstand adversity, weather challenges, setbacks, and unforeseen circumstances.
At this extraordinary time in history, WEP 2022 will explore tipping points: stress events such as climate change, pandemics, resource shortages and rapid population growth. What causes these tipping points? How can we predict when they will occur? And how can we adapt, recalibrate and bounce back stronger when they do؟
WEP 2022 will explore Resilience through three overlapping topic areas:
- Food, water, energy, and environment
This contest is organized by KAUST's Office of Enrichment Programs in collaboration with KAUST's Strategic National Advancement. For further information or questions about this contest contact the Enrichment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can submit?
- KAUST Community Members
- Saudi students from in-Kingdom universities and colleges.
Participation for KAUST Community Members is open to amateur or professional artists and designers as long as they meet all requirements. To be eligible for this competition, participants must meet the following criteria:
KAUST Community Members Eligibility:
- Participants must hold a KAUST ID.
- Participants must be at least 14 years old.
In-Kingdom Student Eligibility:
- Participants must be Saudi nationals.
- Participants must be enrolled in a full-time program and on track to graduate successfully from in-Kingdom universities and colleges.
- Participants must be enrolled in their first-to-last years of their bachelor's, master's, or Ph.D.'s degree during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- STEM and non-STEM programs.
Terms and conditions
By submitting an entry, you agree to the competition Terms and Conditions:
- There is no fee to enter the competition.
- There can be only one named participant per entry. Participants can submit one entry only.
- Participants cannot submit on behalf of someone else. By entering this competition, each participant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third-party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Participants must ensure that their entry makes clear reference to any third-party materials used. Participant agrees to indemnify KAUST from any claims in relation to their entry alleging that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person or company.
- KAUST will not assume responsibility for any incorrectly uploaded entries or those that are illegible or corrupted. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered.
- All correctly completed entries will be judged by a judging panel. All correctly completed entries will receive a receipt confirmation email after submitting the design and will be judged by a judging panel.
- The shortlisted participants will be contacted in writing and will be requested to submit the source file of their design for evaluation.
- By submitting an entry to the WEP poster design competition, including the selected winner of the competition, all participants agree to take part in any WEP-related publicity that may use their submission, their names, and photographs in such publicity.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that KAUST and WEP logos used in their poster are the sole property of KAUST. Participants' use of any KAUST marks or materials is limited to the inclusion of those marks and materials in their posters submitted to this competition only. No further use shall be permitted without KAUST's prior written consent.
- In submitting an entry to the poster competition, all participants grant a license to KAUST for the use (digitally or in printed form) of their entry for display during WEP on any KAUST-owned or third-party website or other platforms for publicity purposes. The entry will be used and adapted to fit WEP's publicity materials, such as lamp-post banners, pop-up banners, branding on stage, website, social media e-cards, booklets or brochures, or flyers, among others.
- Participants further give permission to KAUST to display their entries in a physical or digital exhibition. The choice of which entries are included in any such exhibition shall be solely made by KAUST. Appropriate credits will be given to each item displayed, but KAUST shall not be under any obligation to hold such exhibitions.
- By entering this competition, each participant grants KAUST permission to use any data submitted to KAUST for the purpose of entering the contest, including, but not being limited to use of participant's name, email address, contest entry, likeness or comments for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes related to the competition, including publicity (or future marketing purposes).
Flickr album with photos of WEP designs for your inspiration.
Watch on YouTube the highlight videos of WEP and the keynote lecture series.
*The Arabic description of the contest is available here.