WHO SHOULD ATTEND WEP FOR CREDITS?
- All master students must register and attend WEP 2023 for credits.
- Ph.D. students must attend WEP for credits once during their studies at KAUST.
- IF you are a Ph.D. student graduating in 2023 who has not taken WEP yet, you will HAVE to take WEP 2023 to fulfill your graduation requirements.
- Full attendance to WEP is required. Participation cannot be split into different years.
MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER FOR A TOTAL OF 30 CREDITS
17 MANDATORY CREDITS
- 1 credit – Opening Keynote
- 9 credits – Keynote Lectures
- 6 Credits - Obtained by attending the ML & AI Course:
- Machine Learning for Beginners for BESE and PSE students
- Machine Learning - Intermediate Level for CEMSE students
- 1 credit –Attendance of Final Gala
13 ELECTIVE CREDITS
Which are obtained by attending the following:
- At least TWO workshops.
- A selection of distinguished lectures or panel discussions.
Important Notes for WEP2023 Students
- All students (MS & Ph.D.) participate in WEP for credit once during their studies at KAUST.
- Credits must be earned during a single WEP program.
- Some workshops may require attendance at more than one session. These sessions must be attended in full to obtain credit.
- If a session is canceled, an email announcement will be sent to enrolled participants regarding event replacement.
- Credit attendance will be confirmed by QR scanning before the session starts.
- If you decide you will not attend a session you have registered for, visit the session listing online and unregister.
Event times & Locations
Please check your schedule, as session times and locations may have changed. If you can no longer attend an event, check your schedule and de-register so other people can attend the event.
Make sure you arrive 10 minutes before all keynote lectures and all other lectures and workshops. This is to make sure your registration is recorded for credit purposes.
All in-person sessions MUST be attended in person.