The Enrichment in the Spring program will open in style this Sunday with enticing exhibitions and a special musical performance.
The Enrichment in the Spring 2017 Opening Night will highlight:
- Presentation of Enrichment in the Spring 2017 program by Gilles Lubineau, Chair of the Enrichment programs and Marie Laure Boulot
The Saudi singer Abdulrahman Mohammed accompanied by three musicians from Tunisia - Ghassen Fendri, Omar Kasraoui, Skander Ben Abid - will perform different acoustic music styles combined with Arabic heritage love lyrics and poems as well as Arabic known covers in his improvisational jazzy style.
Three unique exhibitions (from 6:30 p.m.) will exalt Saudi Heritage:
- Celebrate Saudi Arabia Art Competition is an opportunity to see the country through the eyes of the Community members; more than 50 art works will be on display in Building 19.
- Exploring the Empty Quarter: a sample of the Wilfred Thesiger collection from the Pitt Rivers Museum in Building 20 lobby. Photos will be available for sale. Make sure you visit the exhibition.
- 1000 Days at KAUST shows a timeline of the different construction stages that transformed a bare desert land to one of the world’s youngest university.
Cocktail reception will follow.
Do not forget to bring your Film Festival pass stamped (you need to see at least three movies) to get a chance to win a restaurant voucher.
Come and relax in an Arabic lounge atmosphere and enjoy the cocktail reception to follow.
Keynote speakers’ books will be available for sale.
Nanny services are available for children from 3 to 8 years old. To register click here.
Abdulrahman Mohammed is an experimental and improvisational jazzy and alternative rock style Singer, independent artist, his passion and love is to enjoy making music and songs through experimental, improvisational, alternative rock, light jazz, folk, acoustic, light experimental Turkish music styles.
The career of Abdulrahman Mohammed began when he qualified to the 10 finalists singing competition TV show on MBC Arabic known TV channel in 1999.
In 2012, Abdulrahman released YouTube single “Yamn Hawah” an Arabic heritage poem combined with western semi alternative rock music arraignment and composition collaboration song project with his friends, a creative talented independent rock band, namely: (Breaking The Boundaries)
The success of his music made him one of the most important independent experimental Arabic names on YouTube with 450,000 subscribers and over 100,000,000 views on his YouTube channel from 2008 – 2016.
Abdulrahman has around 15 video songs projects on his YouTube channel, which he represent as his life music journey album which he named: (The Dream That Never Dies) all the songs video filmed and registered in ITunes and other music digital stores by the Name of Abdulrahman Mohammed.
Ghassen Fendri is a guitarist, composer and music professor:
Founder of the group "The Funky Sheep". He plays in the «ElectroBtaihi» project of «Zied Zouari», residence 2016-2017 and concert at «Art rue» (December 2016), concert at «l'Agora» (December 2016).
Guitarist, arranger and director of the "CHICHKHAN" project 2016-2017
Guitarist of the project "Fallega" of "Nasreddine Chebli" (Tanit of Bronze in the 2016-2017 framework of the Carthage musical days), international festival of carthage 2016
Artistic director, conductor and guitarist of the show of the Saudi singer 2016 "Abdulrahman Mohammed" for the international festival of Hammamet 2016
Guitarist and founder of the group "H & Honeys" 2015-2017
Guitarist of the project "Saxophone Tunes" by "Saifeddine Maayouf"
Oumar Kasraoui is a guitarist, composer and music professor:2008-2015:
Concerts in different festivals:
- 2012-2013: Supervision of pupils of the National Conservatory of Music of Tunis
- 2009-2015: Guitar teacher in different music conservatories (Al Emel, Farinelli, Coda, Artistou ..)
- 2014-2015: Obtaining the Professional Guitar Specialty Card
Skander Ben Abid
Skander Ben Abid is a clarinetist, composer and professor specialized in clarinet. Recent performances:
- International Festival of Carthage: concert with Mohammed Ali Kamoun in 2013, opening and closing concert with Lotfi Bouchnak in 2014, 2015, concert with Lena Chamamyan in 2013, concert with Yosra Mahnouch in 2016
- International Festival of Sousse: concert with Naouel Ghachem in 2012, concert with Charbel Rouhana in 2012, concert with Mohamed Ali Triki in 2011
- International Festival of Hammamet: collaboration with Group “Tuniso-Allemand” in 2012, concert with Abdulrahman Mohammed in 2016
No resources found.
No links found.