The Call for Proposals for WEP 2019 is now closed.
Thanks to all the members of the KAUST Community and Alumni for submitting over 250 proposals for WEP 2019: TIME.
- The WEP Speaker Selection Committee will be reviewing your proposal between May, June & July
- Then you will receive a notification to inform you if your proposal has been selected or non-selected during the Summer.
- The WEP Speaker Selection Committee will officially send out invitation letters to the speakers during the Summer.
The two-week Winter Enrichment Program (WEP) is one of the hallmarks of KAUST. WEP will return in 2019 from January 13 to 24 and the program will be chaired by Professor Valerio Orlando from the Division of Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering. WEP is driven by the KAUST community and we would like to invite everyone to submit their proposal(s) for an event, lecture, workshop etc.
What is a WEP Proposal?
Proposals will be reviewed for their ability to enrich and broaden the knowledge and the experience of graduate students and the larger community and in-Kingdom visitors. Please note that your proposal cannot be a specialized symposia or class that could be offered during the academic year to a specific group of students.
WEP includes credited and non-credited offerings. Credited offerings are available to MS and PhD students to attend to fulfill their WEP attendance requirements. Your proposal may be granted credits depending on the different categories; keynote lectures, academic, personal & professional development, entrepreneurial, cultural, recreational or film festival. The Speaker Selection Committee will decide the final credit amount.
The Theme for WEP 2019 is 'Time'.
From picoseconds to millennia, pulse to continuity, atoms to the universe, silence to sound, home to work, moment to memory...
"People like us who believe in physics know that the distinction between the past, the present and the future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion". Albert Einstein
"Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago". Warren Buffett
The deadline for submissions is now closed.
For more information, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Flight to Europe - Raffle
The Office of Enrichment Programs and Community Life are giving away a flight to Europe to four lucky KAUST winners who submitted a proposal for WEP 2019. The winners of the raffle will be announced in June.
*Terms and conditions apply.
*Terms and conditions
This contest is open only to the members of the KAUST community. Those who submit a proposal that is nominated by the Speakers Committee for WEP 2019 will be entered into a draw to be in with a chance to win one of four plane tickets to Europe. The winner will be contacted by either phone or email and their names will be announced at the Enrichment website in June.
Plane tickets: terms and conditions:
- The prize flight ticket(s) must be booked with British Airways and issued within 6 months after winning the prize, otherwise prize will be forfeited.
- Travel period is within one year after the winners have been announced.
- Origin of travel must be from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia only.
- Associated fees and taxes of ticket must be paid by the winner and through credit card.
- Prize is transferable provided ticket has not been booked and issued in the name of the winner.
- Re-booking of ticket is subject to availability and may incur service fee and other associated charges and taxes.