Who is WEP for?
WEP is open to all KAUST faculty, students, staff and community members. In addition, KAUST Industrial Partners, WEP Sponsors, Undergraduates from around the world (through Undergraduate Poster Competition) and In-Kingdom students from leading universities in Saudi Arabia are invited to join through a specific program.
How to Attend WEP?
- All those who are eligible must ‘Join this Community’ on Acadox.
- Upon viewing the schedule, you will see events are color coded into different categories.
- Credited events can be clearly seen, so students can prioritize these.
- Some events are for the whole community and others have limited seats and a pre-selection process.
- Browse the schedule and select the events you wish to attend and register for them. Prior registration is mandatory; you MUST register for an event on Acadox in order to be able to attend it.
Rules for KAUST Students
- All students must be on campus for the duration of the WEP.
- It is mandatory for KAUST students to register for WEP once during their studies.
- Students must earn 40 credits and attend a minimum of 6 Keynote Lectures during one WEP.
- Credited events include Academic, Skills, Entrepreneurship and Keynote Lectures and these are clearly identified on the schedule.
- Should an event be cancelled, students must make every effort to register for an alternative event.
- Should an event be cancelled at short notice (less than 7 days before event), students must still make every effort to register for an alternative event but will be awarded the credits for the cancelled event.
We would like to thank KAUST Students, Faculty, Community Members, Alumni and Industrial Partners who submit proposals each year to create WEP.
We would also like to thank the WEP Review Committee, (chaired by Professor William Roberts) which considers the scientific and technological aspects of the proposals, as well as their enriching and inspiring nature and selects events for the program.
Many KAUST departments support WEP and without their work we would not be able to bring you WEP, thank you!
In addition our Sponsors generously support WEP and we owe them a huge gratitude.
Your support and contribution makes WEP what it is!