Opening night Jan 7
Register To An Exciting Program
This year’s WEP is offering fourteen enthralling days of a unique educational experience to explore the theme “Pushing the Limits: Challenging Engineering and Science”. With around 100 events, there is something for everyone’s taste! Many workshops and lunchtime lectures are already fully booked. But you can still register for all the keynote lectures.
Speakers who all have pushed the limits within their field will deliver nine exceptional keynote lectures:
- Sunday Jan 8: His Excellency Ali Ibrahim Al-Naimi: Out of the Desert - My Journey from Nomadic Bedouin to the Heart of Global Oil
- Monday 9: Ed Stone - The Voyager Journey to Interstellar Space
- Tuesday 10: Christopher Fabian – Innovation at UNICEF: How to help balance an asymmetric world
- Wednesday 11: Dirk Ahlborn - Hyperloop: The Future of Transportation
- Thursday 12: Theo Jansen - Pushing the Limits of Kinetic Arts: Strandbeests
- Sunday 15: Steph Davis – Choosing to Fly: Examining Fear, Risk and Resilience
- Monday 16: Cindy Lee Van Dover – From Exploration to Exploitation? Opportunities and Imperatives in the Deep Sea
- Tuesday 17: Martin Fischer - Preparing for the America's Cup: A technological and a human challenge
- Wednesday 18: Estelle Metayer – Your future in Science and Technology: Breathtaking Opportunities and Significant Choices
Except for the first keynote lecture happening from 4:00 to 6:00 pm, all lectures will take place in the auditorium, building 20, from 5:30 to 7:00 pm.
Many activities will be offered at the WEP Hub. The Opening night on January 7 will launch it at the University Library with many activities. It will be the beating heart of the program, open to everyone in the Community. The hub will deliver morning live talk shows with keynote speakers, exhibitions, creative activities, science and engineering challenges, book signing session, building with LEGO workshops and challenges… And there will be gifts for everyone.
Guided Bird Walks (4)
Location: South Beach
STEAM Innovation Challenge - Saturday - Full Day
Location: Building 19, Conference Hall 1, 2 and 3