This fascinating trip includes the following:
- Al Tayebat Museum
- Safeya Binzagr Art Gallery (includes gift shop with prints)
- Lunch at the Movenpick Resort Al Nawras, Jeddah
- Old British Legation House
- The Naseef House
- Tour of Old Jeddah by Eng. Sami Nawar
- Snacks, lunch and beverages are provided.
Registration will be as follows:
Thursday, January 5 from 9:00 am to Tuesday, January 10 at 5:00 pm via Student Life Forum (see below) OR until the trip is fully booked.
Cost: SAR 225 per person.
* Graduate Students: via Student Life Forum - https://kaust.collegiatelink.net/form/start/114564
* Non-Graduate Students/Visiting Students/Faculty/Community Members: in person at the Student Life Forum Help Desk, Level 2, Student Center during business hours at the dates above OR until fully booked. You will be asked to fill the payroll deduction form or to pay cash to the Treasury in Finance Department.
This trip is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
Exact time and other details on the departure location will be provided later.
This trip is being organized by the Graduate Affairs’ Office of Graduate Events and Recreation and sponsored by WEP 2017.
Paul Bennett leads the Jeddah Through Time tour during WEP 2019. Paul is the Manager of Graduate Events and Recreation and his career includes managing sports, recreation and stadia facilities and events and sports marketing and advertising. His experience in Saudi Arabia and in the United Kingdom spans operations in private, non-profit and government sectors. Paul joined KAUST in 2008 from the Recreation Services Department of Saudi Aramco, in Dhahran. Upon arriving at KAUST, he played a key role in establishing the recreation facilities on campus, before joining Graduate Affairs in 2009.
Paul and his team manage over 600 events, programs and activities per year to serve the extracurricular needs of graduate students. In addition, they also organize a number of annual events for graduate students, such as during Orientation in August that includes the Orientation Expo. Paul’s team also organizes exhibitions and sports events during the year, as well as trips for graduate students. The office furthermore organizes events open not just designed for students, but where community members can participate as well, such as the annual Lunar New Year celebration and the University Badminton Championship. Since 2014, Paul and his team have organized well over 100 Thursday Night Live! music sessions held each week during the semester, in the Student Center.
Paul has been a resident of Saudi Arabia for just over 20 years and organized some of the first off-campus trips for KAUST community members back in 2008, which included trips to Jeddah and various parts of Saudi Arabia. Paul’s qualifications include a Master’s degree from Loughborough University in the UK, and his interests include scuba diving, music and travel.
No resources found.
No links found.