SABIC is a global company with its roots and a large part of its business based in the Middle East. It is the largest and most profitable non-oil company in the Middle East and one of the world’s largest petrochemicals manufacturers. It is a public company based in Riyadh: the Saudi Arabian government owns 70% of its shares, and the remaining 30% are held by private investors in Saudi Arabia and other countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council.
SABIC is one of the founders of the Gulf Petrochemicals & Chemicals Association (GPCA).
Dr. Khalid AlBahily is the director of SABIC corporate R & D and Advanced Catalysis department at KAUST. Dr. AlBahily received his B.Sc. degree in chemistry from King Saud University, Saudi Arabia in 1998, M.Sc. degree in organometallics chemistry from Texas A & M university, college station, United States in 2004 and a PhD in chemistry from University of Ottawa. Dr. AlBahily was awarded the Pierre Laberge Prize by university of Ottawa for the best PhD thesis in Science and was also the winner of IUPAC prize for outstanding academic achievements. Dr. AlBahily joined SABIC in 1998 and has published more than 20 papers in high quality journals such as JACS, Angewandte Chemie, Chemical Society Reviews and organometallics. Dr Albahily has authored more than 25 patents during his career at SABIC.
No resources found.
No links found.