Where: D-square Multipurpose Room
This workshop is a 3 day “Maker Space” which is a room that is equipped with various technologies and provides the basis of a communal environment for creative exploration and collaboration. Within this space a series of workshops will be conducted focusing on electronics, micro controllers, automation and their integration with the environment.
It consists of:
1) Themes: each day each theme will cover a different piece of technology.
2) Community: the workshop will be held after the office hours so that all members of the KAUST community can participate.
3) Formal presentations: In alignment with each theme, each evening there will be presentations to help guide novice engineers.
4) Self-directed exploration: participants can use the tools to work on their own projects.
5) Competition: a prize will be awarded to the most innovative use of the technology that has a high potential for a positive impact on the KAUST community.
Peter Rautek is a Research Scientist at the Visual Computing Center at KAUST. He is passionate for making things manifested in joint electronics projects and mobile apps like Epic (mobilesynergies.org), uberdice (uberdice.thomashollt.com), and Visual Experience, a KAUST seed funded and award winning startup focusing on virtual reality experiences. Peter founded, and is the acting president of, KAUST’s Maker Space SDG. He has co-authored and co-hosted several WEP courses in 2016 and 2017.
No resources found.
No links found.